OneAmerica – Wow!
Call them retro cool or crazy*, either way, they’re doing things I haven’t seen in a long, long time.
- Long Term Care with lifetime benefits
- LTC with Guaranteed premiums (no increases)
- 3% and 5% compound inflation options
- Short-pay and single-pay premiums for LTC
- 2nd-to-die (Survivorship) hybrid Life + LTC
Granted, they don’t sell traditional LTC. All these plans are built into life insurance or annuities. They’re packaged hybrids. But it’s great to see a carrier address the shortfalls of a lot of hybrids, such as no inflation protection and skimpy LTC coverage.
Did I mention they’re the only credible carrier offering a 2nd to die “MoneyGuard”-like product? That’s significant, especially now that the Genworth TLC has been pulled.
Quick sales idea: Not all annuities are equal! Take advantage of the Pension Protection Act and fund a tax-deferred OneAmerica annuity and get your LTC benefits tax-free.
*Interesting footnote: In 2008, Moody’s downgraded 29 life insurance carriers. OneAmerica was one of the few upgraded in 2008. That’s rarified air. Maybe they’re not so crazy after all.
OneAmerica current ratings: A+ (A.M. Best) AA– (S&P)
DOL Drops Today, Sun (Hopefully) Rises Tomorrow…
Like OneAmerica, Assurity has some very unique products that no one else has. Specifically, take a look at their First-to-Die Whole Life.
- Great fit for dual-income households, couples nearing retirement
- Simplify business buy-sell agreements and avoid premium disparity between partners
- Replace lost Social Security Retirement benefits when a spouse dies
- Save 25-35% compared to two WL policies
Is There a Doctor in the House? Sell them MetLife Disability STAT!
Nobody does docs like MetLife. Their plans have specifically built features for physicians and their unique disability income needs.
Even if they already have a DI policy, your physician friends (or any white-collar friend for that matter) would likely benefit from the MetLife Makeover.
Quick sidebar for the DI novices out there– I love this interactive instructional “What’s Your Client’s Story ?” This really drills down and guides producers with a comprehensive (yet simple) step-by-step process to help open the door for DI sales.