- 60 % of people in the U.S. have life insurance
- 30 % of Americans know they need more life insurance. That boils down to more than 70 million people. Twenty-five percent wish their spouse or partner would purchase some or more life insurance
- Sixty-five percent of Americans say they won’t buy insurance because they believe it’s too expensive. About two-thirds say their mortgage, groceries and their electric bill are keeping them from buying some or more life insurance coverage. Nearly half say additional expenses like Internet, cable and cell phone service prevent them from getting covered.
- Two-thirds of Americans worry about having enough money for retirement
- Half of the households in America would feel the financial impact from the loss of their primary wage earner in a year or less. In fact, over 40 % would feel the impact within 6 months, including nearly 40 % of households with an annual income of $100,000 or more.
CONTACT WIIG-CODR FOR SOLUTIONS TO YOUR CLIENTS’ INSURANCE NEEDS.
Source: Facts from LIMRA; Life Insurance Awareness Month, September 2015